Pages


Welcome

"I have always been passionate about make up, its effects, whether transformative, decorative or highlighting ones true beauty, have always held a facination for me."

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Airbrush Make Up

Its official, I'm in love, and just in time for Valentines day and all. The bad news however is that its not with a Johnny Depp millionaire lookalike, its with a rather fabulous piece of equipment that I procurred at IMATS, I know i'm a make up nerd (I will write a review on the show as well as soon as I stop drooling over my new toy).

I managed to get my hands on the (constantly sold out) Temptu Air compressor with the SP35 airbrush, along with the S/B intro kit of foundations, blushes, highlighters, adjusters and the brow kit.


Since I got back with it (and managed to find a US plug adapter) I''ve been airbrushing anyone who I could find sitting still for long enough (my Dads afraid to fall asleep around me :) ) Everytime the results are so gorgeous that I cannot stop staring at my models.

Airbrushing is definately a new approach to make up, no longer can you see the make up on the face, in fact a lot of the time I'm checking my gun to make sure its working but then all of a sudden the face in front of me looks flawless. Its understandable why this is now the preffered method of make up artistry for HD film & tv and I know this is going to be a huge hit with Irish brides.

Heres what Temptu have to say about their products:"
Our premiere S/B Makeup is the highest quality silicone-based formula on the market. Although designed to be applied with an airbrush, S/B is blendable and can also be applied by fingertips, brush or sponge. The natural properties of silicone impart a soft-focus effect that radiates a healthy and youthful glow on any skin type.
 
Naturally lightweight and flawless, S/B mimics skin texture for a beautiful finish. Using only a few drops, it delivers sheer to opaque coverage. A true long-lasting formula which holds up through hours of studio lights...."


I also managed to get my hands on the water based airbrush formula from OCC Cosmetics
This is a foundation with a more matt finish and so will ensure that whatever your skin type, I have a foundation to suit your needs

.

From OCC: Lightweight yet high in coverage, this waterbased liquid airbrush foundation creates the look of a flawless complexion with a minimum of product. OCC Skin™ is 100% Oil-Free for a modern, natural matte finish that's never dry or flat-looking. Incredibly water resistant, sweat and tearproof. Stands up to the challenges presented by Hi-Definition Television and other digital media.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I like this post it is very good and informative. I am sure that this post will be very helpful Celebrity Media Appearances Sydney

    ReplyDelete